Monday, August 27, 2012

Scuba

I am getting certified to scuba dive! I am very excited. We went on our first dive on Sunday and it was amazing! At first I forgot that I could breath underwater sense I had the tank so I would just hold my breath but then I would remember and boom I was a fish in no time! I had a few problems equalizing, popping, my ears but other than that it was splendid. You wear a weight belt to make you sink and mine was definitely heavy enough cause I sank like a rock to the bottom of the ocean. We practiced sharing oxygen with our buddy and other safety things. My buddy, Josh, and I are obviously the best but we tried not to out shine the others to much. Just kidding!! Anyways, so after one dive we are half way certified. Sunday after next we will go on another dive, take the final written exam the following tuesday, and I will be certified for up to 65 ft. Our instructor can certify every type of diving though so I'm thinking I might continue and get certified for 130 ft and maybe night diving! Our instructor is one of our parents here at school, he is awesome and so much fun! Who's getting scuba diving certified on the island of Pohnpei? This girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment