Saturday, August 4, 2012

First Impressions of Pohnpei

Well I'm here in Pohnpei! It is the most beautiful place I have ever seen in my entire life, even in pictures. I thought it would be islandy, like Hawaii, but it not lol It is a JUNGLE! Pohnpei is a mountainous jungle in the middle of the Pacific ocean! And it is definitely a third world country, shacks and rotted teeth are not uncommon. Everything is very expensive, especially food.
My first thought when landing in Pohnpei was how absolutely breath taking it was but my first thought stepping off the plan was oh my goodness I've never sweat this much in my life! It is extremely hot and humid. It is so humid that cuts heal weird! Usually cuts scab form from the outside in here the air is so wet they can't scab on the outside, it looks very interesting.

2 comments:

  1. I feel awesome that I have the first comment! Also, this is my first time commenting on a blog, so, you should feel especially special :) I'm thinking the scab thing sounds... somewhat gross haha ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look forward to seeing pictures of your beautiful island!

    ReplyDelete