Tuesday, June 5, 2012

From the Beginning

      I would like to start by saying that I am not a professional writer and the grammar may be questionable on this blog but I want to share my story. The part of my story I would like to share began months ago really when I started the winter semester of 2012. I had no idea at the time but God had amazing plans for me! One of the classes I was taking just simply did not work out and so I switched to World Missions, an upper division religion class. Little did I know that class would save me from a lot of headache in the future. I went on living my life throughout the semester and then summer came! Summer was going to be fun but nothing to exciting, but on May 22 it got a whole lot more interesting.
      I woke-up on May 22, 2012 and grabbed my Jesus Is Calling book (which absolutely everyone should read!) and read my devotion for the day. When I got done I just had this feeling that something big was going to happen that day. I picked up my phone and sent a text that would change my life forever. I texted one of my friends and simply asked what he was up to this summer and then I remembered he was going to be an SM in the Fall so I asked if he was ready. He replied and added "You should come!" I sat there for a moment and then realized this was it, this was the "something big". I pulled up the website where the calls are all listed and before I looked at it I told God, "if you want me to be an SM in the Fall let there be a place in Pohnpei that is perfect for me."(Pohnpei is the place where my friend is going as well as the place I had looked at possibly going earlier in the year for the Fall but then decided not to go.) I looked down and there on my computer screen was a substitute teacher position in Pohnpei. Now I won't lie it was not a perfect perfect position for me but it was there so I called the SM coordinator and started filling out all of the paperwork. In order to be an SM you not only have to fill out a lot of paperwork but you are also suppose to take a class. Since I decided to be an SM so late in the game I thought I was going to have to cram the class into a short amount of time. I talked to the SM coordinator and come to find out my World Missions class went above and beyond the actual Student Missions course, which meant I didn't have to take the class, what an answer to prayer!
      A week later I got word that the substitute teaching position was already taken, I was sad to say the least but I knew God had plan. The next day I called the SM coordinator and she told me that I wasn't looking at all the calls..LOL..my bad! I looked at the place she told me all the calls were and there before me on my computer screen was the perfect call for me, the health teacher for the high school in Pohnpei. I quickly switched my desired call to the health teacher position, turned in the paper work, and now my application is on it's way to the NAD to be approved. What a mighty God we serve! He pulled all of this together in such little time and although I still have much more to do I know God has something amazing and challenging waiting for me on the beautiful island of Pohnpei.
"Faith is not knowing what the future holds, but knowing who holds the future."

2 comments:

  1. Oh yeah! I'm so excited to see what God has planned for you this next year. He is going to put you right where you need to be!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! It's so cool to look back and see how God worked everything out. You will love Pohnpei! I just got home from Ebeye (near-ish to Pohnpei) and I had a wonderful experience. God will use you to do great things! I'm excited to read about your year! :)

    ReplyDelete